Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our trip to DC

Well instead of trying to catch up on the 6 months of absent blogging, I figure I would just start from where we are right now and hope to keep up on it.


Early November we went to DC for our family vacation. It was a trip that I had been looking forward to for a long time. One because it was going to be our last big vacation for a little bit. With Jackson coming soon we figured our family trips were going to be little and farther apart. And second DC such a special place to me because I served my mission there.

Here are some pictures of the highlights on the trip.
This is the Flight 93 Memorial in Shakesville PA. It took a while to get there and there were just about to close when we finally arrived. It was a great site. I learned some more interesting facts about that day and it was nice to remember these brave men.
We took a hop on and off tour bus to see DC. It was really good to take us around everywhere. Between Zack and me 6 1/2 months pregnant, we tended to slow the day down if it wasn't for the bus.
Zack was a trooper through it all.
My favorite spot was Mt Vernon. I served there for 9 months but never visited it. It is where George Washington's house was. A beautiful site that I wished we had more time to see more of it.
Well that's it for now. Hopefully I can get some post about our holidays and especially in Feb when we finally add Jackson to our family.

1 comments:

VoNique said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I can't believe you have number two coming so soon!