Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Road trip

My friend Caroline had a job interview at the MTC this last weekend. She was trying to figure out how she was going to get up there when I came up with the brilliant idea that us girls should go on a road trip. I was thinking this was going to be fun and easy with no problems. Well it was definitely fun but the easy and no problems was not the case. We left wednesday and stayed at my uncle's house in Vegas. We walked along the strip and took tons on pics. The next morning we kept heading north. We stopped in St George and met with one of Caroline's companion's family. We finally madeit to Utah about 5. While I was catching up with Jen and her newly engaged self and Katie was having dinner with a friend, Caroline was discovering that Salt Lake is not filled with all honest mormons. While she was having dinner our car got broken into. I have to say it was one of the dumbest break ins that I have ever seen. They tried to take the radio which is worth about 50 dollars but didn't take it. They did take her camera which is one of the first digital cameras around so it was worth with 25 bucks. It did have all of our fun pictures on it so we were bummed about that. Thats why there isn't any pictures from the trip. I let Caroline use mine since she was going to see a lot of friends she hasn't seen in a while. But other then that they broke my FM transmitter for the iPod and threw her chapstick on the ground and left. So the next day was spent fixing the car. I had fun though. I was able to see two of my girls graduate from the program I worked at. I got my haircut, saw a movie, went swing dancing. It was quick and I wish I would have been able to see alot more people but next time.

We went up to temple square and saw the Joseph Smith movie. I loved it. I may have shed a few tears.

This is me and my mission buddy Kammy. One of the only pics I got of my friends.

1 comments:

Christine said...

You came to Utah and you didn't call me or come by???? What is up with that??