Monday, March 10, 2008

A tender flashback

Have you ever seen those shows where someone gets lost in a flashback from their life? I totally had one of those when I was flying into Baltimore to catch my next flight to Rhode Island. A long time ago I flew over the Virginia/Maryland area to start a great segment of my life, my mission. I flash backed to the thoughts that I had as I thought about all the people I was going to serve. I remember thinking pridefully "Are you guys ready for this!?!?!" I wasn't going to take no for an answer and teach all of the washington dc south area. (Don't worry that attitude quickly left) And then I flashback to not as long ago but still long when I left my mission. I thought about every single person I met. Those I taught, who taught me, those I met for a brief second and those that I got to know very well. I loved this flashback for a couple of reasons. I thought about who I was then. The goals that I made for myself when I left. I thought about how much I loved people. I didn't let something as big as treating me wrong to as little as cutting me off in line to let me see who they were in God's eyes. I have decided to try to live up to those goals and character traits I once strive for.