Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tag Time

10 years ago: I was 17. I think I was just about to go to prom for the first time where I got a black eye from my date. I don't want to talk about but charges were filed. Just kidding we were dancing and he wasn't the smooth dancer he is now. I just got my license. I was a little lazy getting it. Why get a license when you have a Shelby to drive you everywhere. I also won the election for Social Chair, which means I ran the pep rallies for my school. I was not very good at it. Let’s see what else was going on....we had a rocking 17th party for me and then I took the SATs afterwards. Man those were good times.

5 years ago: I was in Cumberland, Maryland about 6 months away from finishing my mission. I was meeting with people that had only a couple teeth and everyone owned a shot gun. We had to be careful what we said. My companion was from Taiwan and her name was Sister Yu. She was amazing. She didn't know much English and I was training her. Not sure if she learned how to be an effective missionary but she sure learned what telling a joke in English.

5 months ago:I was having thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. I was also sending my brother to Officer Candidate School. This started his very long process of becoming a Navy Seal.

5 things on my to-do list:
1. read scriptures
2. practice piano
3. workout
4. clean car/room
5. study math

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. apples and peanut butter
2. popcorn
3. tortillas from costco
4. gummy candy
5. string cheese

5 things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
1. Pay off my debt
2. buy a new car
3. buy a house
4. travel around the world
5. save and invest the rest

5 of my BAD habits:
1. cracking my knuckles, I am really trying to stop
2. being annoyed with other drivers
3. spending money on fast food
4. falling asleep on the couch
5. going on shopping binges, once I start I can’t stop5

places I have lived:
1. Chico, CA
2. Provo, UT
3. Washington DC
4. San Diego, CA
5. Los Angeles, CA

5 things people don't know about me:
1. I watch stupid tv shows from the 90s that are dumb but I have to watch them
2. I don’t think I will ever move out of my parent’s house. It is such a sweet set up, even when I get married his moving in with me and the folks!
3. I wish I could lose like 20 pounds. I believe if I just think it then it will happen.
4. I sing in my car. I am not going to tell you the extent but its been very hard driving with my ipod broken the last week.
5. I would live in Africa, Japan, Australia, Europe or South America in a second if it wasn’t so far from my family.

5 people that I tag:
1. Autumn
2. Emily
3. VeNicia
4. Lisa
5. VoNique
And whoever else. Don’t feel left out just cuz I didn’t write your name down.

3 comments:

VoNique said...

Um...I called no tags = ) Jk, maybe I'll actually do it when I get some time, like next year?

VeNicia said...

It's ridiculous that that VoNique girl drags me into blogging, then proceeds to never post a blog again. I think we should hound her 'til she does it. "DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!" SHe would say to us. C'mon Meliss. I need a partner in taunting crime. Who do you call?! Muh-LIS-sa!

minkin said...

Listed first in your tag? The pressure is on huh?