Thursday, August 2, 2007

Blog welcomes Melissa Cobas

So I thought I would try this blogger thing out. I have enjoyed all my friends blog pages. Unfortunately I don't have cute pics of my children or husband. They'll come one of these days. This blog stuff has helped me feel in touch with my friends lives even though we are far apart from each other. This way I can keep in touch with all of my friends without ever talking to them. Genius.


BACK IN CALI

So here is what I have been up to in the last couple of months. After 8 years of being away, I have finally moved back to california. I am living with the family for a little bit for a number of reasons, one I want to spend time with them and it is freakin expensive out here. So I am waiting to marry a lawyer or doctor to move me to a house on the beach. No big deal.
I have two jobs right now. One is working as a job coach with people with disabilities and the second is at a group home for autistic boys. Both good jobs for now. I am looking into one of two options. Either getting into the teaching for america program or starting my teaching credential program next fall. The ultimate goal is to math high school teacher and coach on the side. I want to pick up physical education later on as well.
Being here has been great! I don't remember the last time I was this happy for such a constant time. Everything with my family is great, I am close to my life long friend Shelby, I get to go to padre games and later in the year charger games plus I am by the beach all the time! I am still working on getting a good group of friends but I am meeting some great people. I am also still looking for Mr. Right and have had some fun prospects lately but nothing to talk about just yet.
So hopefully this will let you know what is up with me. There is always a standing invitation for anyone that wants to come out here and visit.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Yay Melissa has a blog!! I'm so excited!!! Now I can keep in touch with you!!

A sick, suffering, surviving Mama said...

I like it Melis'...and nice shot of you on the beach. love you!

Allie said...

Blogs are so much fun! I'm glad you started one I love seeing everyones blogs! I'm glad everything is going well in Cali. I miss the beach!! Were excited to see you soon!

cathy said...

Mel, I am so glad you are having a good time in Cali--you deserve it! Soak up some Cali sun for me.

Matt&Andria said...

hey you! i have a blog too, but i'm horrible with posting, you look like you're doing great-i miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey "Clovis"=) Nice blog...yeah, Cali is glad to have you back!!