Thursday, August 9, 2007

My New Hobby


Since I am done with school I have decided to start working on my "if I only had time" list. One of them has been learning to play the piano. I have always wanted to play more then heart and souls and the Toyota theme song. So one day when I was at institute I learned that the lady seating to the right of me happen to be a piano teacher. And since then my life has changed. In more ways than one.

This piano lesson has been one of the highlights of my week for the last couple of months. I take a break in the middle of my Wednesday work day and head over to the Wells' house. I sit with Janet and learn about this amazing instrument. I have been learning from an adult book and the hymns made easy. Currently I am working on We thank thee O God for our prophet, How gentle God's commands, God be with you till we meet again and Jesus once of humble birth. After the half hour of learning and laughing, we start to gab about life, the gospel and lately, her son. You see with this lesson is a little more then learning the piano. It is also a dating service. She set me up with her son and we have been dating ever since. I knew there was a reason I needed to take up piano.

Anyways my teacher says I have been doing great. I am picking this up very fast. Of course I am flattered because I like being great at things but I also wonder if it is to help me to keep dating her son. whatever.

One of these days I am going to find a way to put a mp3 of my beautiful playing but till then you will just have to read about my progress.

1 comments:

Allie said...

Thats awesome! I really want to learn to play the piano too but I know nothing about reading music or playing an instrument so its going to be awhile.