Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

What a day to remember. I read some thoughts from follow friend bloggers about 9/11 and it got me thinking about this day and what an impact it made on me. I was in Provo at the time and the Relief Society President, which I had no idea what in the world I was doing. I went every sisters apartment in our ward and just check in to see how they were. It was just the start of a new school year and I didn't know many of the sisters at all. I was touched deeply by the sisters' spirits that day. I learned more about what it meant to be apart of such a great organization and country that we can have compassion and loyalty to each other in time of need. I was also preparing to go on a mission. I was thinking about all the places that I could go to. I had a feeling I was going state side. I wanted to go to New York or DC. A couple months later I got the call to serve it the DC South Mission. How touching it was to be at the site where the place crashed into the pentagon and also where the plane crashed into the lands of Pennsylvania. Also to talk to those that were in the middle of it. I hope to kindle the spirit of patriotism and compassion more like we did then.


0 comments: