Monday, October 22, 2007

Anyone up for S'mores

So I went into work today and was getting the guys ready for the day and also listening to the news. I heard that they were evacuating north of 76. I paused for a second and said hey I am north of the 76. They proceeded to say people east of I-5 and west of I-15. Again I thought hey thats me! I jumped in my car and headed home. As I continue to listen to the radio I guess it was 56 not the 76. 56 is a lot farther south then I am. But I was already half way home so I decided to just keep going.
The fires down here are a little out of control. We are okay and safe for now. There is a fire by us but it is not heading in our direction. The mayor came out and advised those that could stay home from work to do so. I took that counsel to heart and took the day off. It was a hard decision but I feel it is very important to follow our local leaders.
So we are just sitting here waiting hoping the winds don't shift to much.


0 comments: