Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Update

Well it was all fun and games until someone needs to evacuate. The fire was at first taken lightly and a great excuse to skip work but now its starting to get a little serious. The rice fire is the one that is most threatening to us. We have been on the look out all throughout the night and today. My parents are still at the house and waiting till they have to leave. My brother and I took off. We packed some bags with personal stuff and headed for safety. He is at his friend's parents house and I went up to LA where my grandma and Shelby are. From what it sounds like the fire is heading north west from us. Hopefully the winds continue to agree with us and keep calm so we can control the fire. Tough time for So Cal but we are handling it like pros.

1 comments:

Jessica Baird said...

Thanks for the update. Its good to know that you are safe and I hope that your home will remain safe too. Take care, enjoy your break from work and know you're in our prayers!